NOTE — with DNA traceability back to the Foundation Herd as a requirement, proof of registration is the ONLY guarantee you are buying 100% Lowline. Therefore, it is recommended by the Association that you buy registered Lowlines.
Prospective buyers of registered Lowline cattle are advised to ensure that the animals are fully registered at the time of purchase to enable you to register future progeny from these animals. Buyers are advised to make enquiries before they finalise their purchases. Please see Hints on Purchasing Lowline Cattle.
To submit your Saleyards advertisement, use the online form at the bottom of this page.
Wanted – bull to lease VictoriaFebruary 19, 2021
|Looking to hire a bull to join with 6 Lowline heifers, located at Mount Egerton near Ballarat.
I am a commercial member of ALCA
If anyone could help it would be great.
For Lease – Mason Farm ZeffaskyeFebruary 17, 2021
|Loc-Hi Lowlines is offering for LEASE (only) Mason Farm Zeffaskye for the months of April to August 2021.
Zeff has successfully serviced our breeding herd within 3 weeks of arriving at the stud.
He is quiet and manageable by students with limited cattle experience.
Australian Lowline Herdbook #15621 (Pedigree Purposes only)
For further information please contact Lockyer District High School (c/- Judy Schultz). Note – EMAIL CONTACT PREFERRED
Livestock Guardians – located Central QLDFebruary 7, 2021
|Four female and two male Maremma pups, now 6 weeks old, for sale. Past litters work with goats, cattle, poultry, even a fish farm! Ready to go mid February.
Regularly wormed, vaccinated, vet checked, well fed – will be big dogs. Lovely natured pups.
Available to working homes only and we have a return policy.
For further information or to discuss if Maremma dogs suit your situation please contact Michele Molloy –
Cotswold Lowlines – located in the UKFebruary 2, 2021
|Pedigree Australian Lowline Cows For Sale in the UK –
Registered cows for sale due to excess stock
Lovely example of the breed, from a small pasture fed herd.
These compact cows are perfect for smallholders due to their size, docile temperament, calving ease and high meat to bone ratio.
Please contact Ollie and Rosie Latter for further information:
ARDROSSAN IRVIN ARD P917 – AI StrawsNovember 19, 2020
|A limited number AI straws of Ardrossan Irvin ARD P917 are now available in Australia.
Weaning Weight: 199 Kgs
24 month Weight: 437 Kgs. Height 115 cms.
We see style & maturity in this young Australian Lowline bull bred by the Stebbins family of the renowned Ardrossan Lowline Stud.
Straws are in storage at Total Livestock Genetics Victoria.
All enquiries to Christine Hine – McIntosh Creek Lowlines
SOLDNovember 18, 2020
|Dalbeg Pass stud offers for sale the following surplus purebred Australian Lowline yearling heifers and bull.
All have been calf recorded with ALCA and are eligible for registration ( subject to meeting the usual registration requirements)
As well as having excellent breeding (for the serious stud breeder), these yearlings are a great choice for either commercial or non-commercial farming.
Pricing is $2.40 per kg live weight (consistent with prices achieved at recent store cattle sales)
Please contact Sandy and Agnes McLachlan to discuss or view:
PEAK LOWlINES – Located Taranaki NZNovember 12, 2020
|Lowline heifer for sale at weaning. Will be fully vaccinated for lepto, BVD and 7in1.
She will be registered with ALCA
Sire – Triple M Gibraltar HB#14783
Please contact Dylan Beardmore if you have any questions
Saleyards Submission Form
Complete and submit the online form (below) and ALCA’s Saleyards Manager will upload your advertisement to the website. Advertisements will be posted for three months unless you seek an earlier removal by advising saleyardslowlinecattleassoc.com.au
For our Victorian Members please note that from September 2018 in order to comply with Agriculture Victoria’s requirements the PIC (Property Identification Code) number of the property must be included in your advert.
Terms & Conditions for Advertisements
- Responsibility for information submitted is entirely that of the ALCA Member submitting the advert
- The person submitting the advert will be the person identified as and authorised to submit the content
- To indemnify ALCA against any action taken in relation to any content you submit to the ALCA website
- That advertisements, including classifieds, are limited to those submitted by ALCA members:
- For Australian Lowline/Lowline cattle, both registered and unregistered, and Australian Lowline/Lowline crossbred cattle (all cross-bred cattle are to be described as “Lowline-cross”).
- For registered Australian Lowline/Lowline embryos.
- For semen from registered Australian Lowline/Lowline bulls.
- For farm equipment and supplies.
- Content that will not be accepted includes:
- Breeds of cattle mentioned in the body of the advertisement or in the name of the advertiser that are not Australian Lowline/Lowline.
- Terms not included in the Association’s Constitution such as “Dual Registered”.
- Anything considered by ALCA Council to represent a potential threat to ALCA and its members.