AI Approved Sires
ALCA provides a service of registering semen collected from certain Australian Lowline bulls. These bulls are then referred to as AI Approved Sires.
The listing of AI Approved Sires facilitates the registration of progeny from these bulls (refer to By-Law 6.2)
The conditions governing the process for gaining AI Sire Registration and the AI Approved Sires Listing are set out in By-Law 7.6
A copy of the By-Laws can be accessed here.
- only an ALCA member is able to apply for a Lowline bull to become an AI Approved Sire
- all applications require the lodgement of the completed AI Sires Application Form , to have been SNP tested, payment of the recommended fee, and Council approval
AI Approved Sires:
This listing has been divided into two categories for ease of use –
- A PDF list of semen available from current ALCA Members accessed via this link –
The AI Approved Sires List
- The ALCA database holds the Archived AI Approved Sires* which contains all the AI Approved Sires since the Foundation of the Association.
Instructions for retrieval of AI Sires List from Database.
*The progeny of these bulls can still be registered with ALCA subject to the normal rules of registration.
This term refers to semen which has been donated to the Association, in the interest of preserving these genetics for future breeders. All semen is from AI Approved Sires, some of which date back to the early days of the Association.
The main objectives of this program are:
- To maintain heritage genetics that might otherwise be lost
- To preserve and maximise genetic diversity
- To provide a repository for semen as members retire and wish to donate to ALCA
- To provide cost effective semen to members and non-members for AI procedures to promote the Lowline breed
Please refer to ALCA Heritage Semen Guidelines for further information and conditions of the program.
Purchase Heritage Lowline Semen
Purchasers of this semen are required to submit an ALCA Heritage Semen Release Form and make payment direct to ALCA Office. The Release Form will be completed by ALCA and sent to the storage facility to enable release of the semen to the purchaser.
The purchaser will be responsible for any fees relating to the handling, dispatch and transport of the semen to their required destination. The purchaser should consult with Total Livestock Genetics P/L to organise shipment.
Donate Heritage Lowline Semen
ALCA offers this opportunity to any interested member or past member to donate Heritage Semen. All bulls with donated semen MUST be registered with ALCA as AI Approved Sires. Resulting calves from the use of purchased semen can be registered with ALCA subject to the usual terms and conditions of registration.
For semen donations, please fill out the ALCA Heritage Semen Donation Form and send to the ALCA Office.
We would encourage people who donate to fill out an ALCA Heritage Bull Information Form.
Any information and photos collected will be kept as historical data to ensure the preservation of genetics and history of the Australian Lowline breed.
We provide this facility to preserve & safeguard Heritage Lowline genetics for future generations.