ALCA Junior membership is easily affordable and open to any young cattle enthusiast, who is 21 years and under. We also have a membership category for schools that are interested in using Lowline cattle in their agricultural programs.
Many junior members throughout Australia, New Zealand and the United States already own and operate their own studs. Lowlines are moderate in size, easy to handle and have ideal temperaments for younger people, helping them to gain management skills and confidence.
ALCA Youth programs are organised for student and junior members, some involving interstate and overseas travel opportunities. There is also a dedicated juniors page in every ALCA Newsletter.
Further activities are organised in other states for junior members. These activities provide an opportunity to learn handling, show presentation and animal husbandry skills which develop friendships, teamwork, confidence and responsibility as well as meeting people of your own age with similar interests.
Australian Lowline Youth Judging Competition – Enter NOW
LOWLINES WILL BE THE FEATURE BREED in 2019 at Toowoomba Royal Show & the Southern Queensland Promotion Group is getting ready
At this Show, we will also hold a youth judging competition with the major prize being $500 to support travel to the 2019 Canterbury A&P Show in Christchurch, New Zealand. All ALCA juniors and school members are invited to enter this competition. We have been working hard to make sure you all thoroughly enjoy this event, make new friends, and gain knowledge and experience of the Beef Cattle Industry
Student Judging Criteria:
1. Must be a Junior ALCA member or a student of a school that actively shows Lowlines (on their or a breeders’ behalf)
2. Must be 15 years of age or older (less than 21 years)
3. Must be able to attend the 2019 Christchurch Show (November)
4. Must be willing to be an Associate Judge at the Christchurch Show
5. Must indicate on the score sheet that they are interested in the promotion
6. Must be willing to provide a written testimonial, plus photos for the Lowline Journal on their return
7. The student with the highest placement that meets the above criteria will win
The student event will be held on Saturday 30th March 2019, at around midday.
For more information on the Youth Judging Event please email email@example.com around
Ballarat Grammars Ag students are taking to the show ring – (by Sarah Hudson -The Weekly Times)
Keen Teen Wins Supreme – Matt Cooney, Vic
2015 Journal – Chloe’s true Canterbury tales – Chloe Wallace, NZ
2014 Journal – Bright future on horizon – Matthew Butler & Katherine Moore, NZ
2014 Journal – Industry at students’ finger tips – Downlands High College, Qld
Waterford Youth Team Challenge – 2014 Royal Melbourne Show – Ballarat Grammar, Vic